The Government Polytechnic has a well-established Library for students and the teaching staff. Government allots some amount of fund every year for the books. so the college has expanded more than 30 Lakhs on its Library. SO it has more than 37826 books for students. Every student gets the reference books for a use for whole academic year from the book bank and also to use some additional books for a week on cards, which has their own Barcodes. Every book has its unique barcode number on it.
The work of librarian gets easy because of the barcode reader and the software to check the accounts if the students who changes their books weekly. The library also provides the facility of using special software to choose the book of particular Author. So the work for students is also eased. The staff of library is very experienced and the transparent. The whole facilities, Records of Books Purchasing, Total books, Non-book material are mentioned below for the convenience to user...
Services Given To User By Library
- Issues one book on borrower’s ticket for seven days.
- Issues one book, periodical, Newspaper etc. on identity card only for reading room.
- Book Bank scheme - under the scheme issues minimum five books for academic year.
- Reprography & Xerox service available in library premises at low cost.
- Reference service given to all students of Institute.
Other Library Facilities
- Separate reading rooms for girl's boys & faculty.
- Open access system.
- Separate periodical section.
- Night library facility available in exam time.
- Bound volume of technical periodical available in library.
- Manually & Computerized search system.